Each year, over 150,000 people are diagnosed with a lung nodule, which is a small spot on the lung. The majority are found by chance in otherwise healthy patients. While most lung nodules are benign and harmless, a small number may be cancer. Taking the right next steps can help diagnose lung cancer at a curable stage.
The Radiology Consultation Services are available to help following the identification of a lung nodule. Our team can answer your questions on the phone or via in-person consultation. You can also be seen by the Lung Nodule Program, which offers the following:
- Nurse Practitioner appointment for any lung nodule identified. If not already completed, many patients may require a CT scan of the chest.
- In-person review of the radiology exam images and discussion of likely cause(s) of the lung nodule(s).
- Recommendations for further testing, follow up and treatment. Help with subsequent visits or exams as needed.
- Access to experts including pulmonologists, thoracic surgeons, oncologists, radiologists and advanced practice nurses.
- We will coordinate with your existing medical care team.
COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY (CT)
For a consultation or for more information, please contact us:
Phone: (646) 962-2273
Hours: Monday through Friday 9AM to 4PM ET