Q: How do I schedule an appointment?
A: To schedule an appointment at any of our locations, please call our Customer Service & Scheduling Center at (212) 746-6000, Monday through Friday between 8AM and 8PM ET and on Saturday and Sunday between 9AM and 5PM ET.
Q: Do you take my insurance?
A: We participate with many insurance plans. To see the list of participating insurances please click here.
Q: What are your hours of operation?
A: Our hours of operation are 7AM to 10PM ET, seven days a week.
Q: How do I know which location my exam is being offered?
A: Please contact our Customer Service and Scheduling Center at (212) 746-6000 to schedule an appointment and receive directions to the location where your exam will be performed. To view the exams offered at each of our locations, please click here.
Q: Is your facility handicap accessible?
A: All Weill Cornell Imaging at NewYork-Presbyterian locations are handicap accessible.
Q: Can I fill out my forms before the visit?
A: You can fill out your forms before you arrive at our facility. To see a list of safety forms please click here. To ensure your safety, it is important that you fill out our forms each time you come to our facility to ensure no changes from your previous visit. If you are unsure which forms are required, please contact our Customer Service and Scheduling Center at (212) 746-6000.
Q: When will I receive my results?
A: Our expert radiologists will interpret your images within 24 hours and be made available to your referring physician. In the vast majority cases, your physician will communicate results of your exam however should you have any questions or would like to speak with a radiologist, please indicate as such during your visit.
Q: How are you keeping patients safe?
A: We are taking every precaution to keep our patients, visitors and staff safe. These include:
- Paperless Registration – The staff of Weill Cornell Imaging at NewYork-Presbyterian will work with you to complete registration and safety forms before your arrive. Fill out these forms in advance and online.
- Universal Masks – All patients, staff and visitors are required to wear masks.
- Social Distancing – By limiting the number of patients in our offices, Weill Cornell Imaging at NewYork-Presbyterian provides safe social distancing for our patients throughout their visit.
- Safety Screening – All patients and visitors are screened on arrival for fever or other symptoms
- Rigorous Cleaning – Increased cleaning and disinfection protocols have been implemented for all equipment and surfaces between each appointment. Exam rooms are carefully cleaned after each patient
Q: What should I wear to my appointment?
Wearing the right clothing may eliminate the need for you to change into a gown prior to your exam.
Clothing Guidelines for MRI, CT, X-ray, DEXA, PET/CT, PET/MRI and Fluoroscopy Exams:
- Wear loungewear, pajamas, or other loose-fitting cotton or linen clothing without metal embellishment.
- Do not wear clothing or undergarments with metal fasteners, zippers, hooks, under wires or other metal components.
- Please leave items such as watches and jewelry at home.
- For MRI and PET/MRI exams only: Do not wear compression-wear or tight-fitting spandex. Many brands of fitness clothing have metals woven into their fabrics making them unsafe to wear during an MRI exam.