Weill Cornell Imaging at NewYork-Presbyterian is pleased to offer PET/MRI, the world’s first simultaneous whole-body 3T MRI and PET exam. For the first time, the anatomical information of MRI and the molecular detail of PET are united in a single scanner, resulting in impressive, precisely aligned images and greater diagnostic confidence. PET/MRI offers an incredible look inside the human body and into the future of medical imaging.
Advantages of PET/MRI
- A complete picture of the body’s internal structure and cellular activity which is obtained by combining high-field 3 Tesla Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Position Emission Tomography (PET)
- Precisely aligned images, which reveal a more comprehensive picture to more accurately detect, characterize, stage, and treat certain diseases
- Improved depiction of anatomy and disease over PET/CT
- Lower total radiation exposure compared to other imaging exams, making it ideal for pediatric patients and patients concerned with their total cumulative radiation exposure
- Two exams at once means shorter exam times in a safe and friendly environment designed for patient ease and comfort
Our radiologists are readily available to speak with you regarding the advantages of PET/MRI. For more information or to schedule a PET/MRI exam, please call our Customer Service and Scheduling Center at (212) 746-6000.